(Updated as of May 1, 2020)
- Our Commitment to Your Privacy
- Personal Information We Collect
Diễn đàn xổ sốH&R collects personal information as necessary in connection with the operation of our business. The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on the circumstances, but includes name, date of birth, home address, home phone number, e-mail address, financial information (including financial statements), credit history information, business history information, rental applications, security footage, and information regarding previous or current landlords. We collect this information directly from you, or from third parties with your consent, such as your financial institution, real estate brokers, previous landlords, joint venture partners, business references and credit bureaus.
We may also collect information through security systems, such as video surveillance and property access systems. We may record or monitor telephone calls for quality, training and record-keeping purposes.
- How Personal Information is Used
We use personal information in order to:
- respond to requests for information that we receive via our websites or otherwise (including by e-mail or other means)
- perform credit evaluations with respect to prospective and current lessees, licensees, tenants and guarantors
- collect on debts owed to H&R or enforce other legal rights and remedies available to H&R
- obtain lessee or tenant feedback
- provide and communicate further information about our residential, retail, and office leasing opportunities and our business
- process rental applications, proposals, and lease documentation
- establish and maintain commercial business relationships
- verify your identity
- investigate and settle claims
- provide managerial and other services
- manage and administer security and building access systems and related policies and procedures
- process payments received by H&R
- provide investor relation services to unit-holders
- meet auditing, legal, security, and other regulatory obligations and requirements and comply with associated processes
- implement marketing/public relations promotions
- facilitate the financing, leasing, procurement or disposal of property
- protect H&Rs rights/safety/property, preventing and detecting fraud, and managing risks.
Diễn đàn xổ sốWe may also use personal information for other purposes, not listed above, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- When Personal Information May be Disclosed
Diễn đàn xổ sốH&R shares personal information with joint venture partners so that they may review, evaluate, assess and approve proposed tenant or lessee arrangements or property acquisitions and dispositions.
H&R may disclose your personal information in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law. For example, we may be permitted or required by law to share information with law enforcement authorities in connection with an investigation or security incident.
- Cookies, Tracking Technologies and Linked Sites
Diễn đàn xổ sốWe use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our websites. A “session” cookie lasts for a single browser session only and is deleted when the user closes the web browser. A “persistent” cookie remains on the user’s device (even while powered off) until it expires or is deleted.
- To remember your preferences and settings when you navigate through our Sites.
- For security purposes.
- In our email communications to determine whether an email we sent was opened and whether you clicked on any of the links within the email communication.
- To collect information about how you use our websites and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To facilitate the display of multimedia content on our websites.
- Consent and Your Choices
We collect, use and disclose personal information with consent, except where otherwise permitted or required by law. Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Consent may be given on your behalf by your authorized representative.
Diễn đàn xổ sốYou always have the choice of whether or not you wish to supply H&R with personal information. You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you do not provide personal information, or withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain of our products or services.
We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example in emergency situations, to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
- Retention of Personal Information
The file containing your personal information will be maintained at our offices or on our servers (or those of our service providers). H&R will retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected.
We employ generally accepted industry appropriate safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We make our employees and joint venture partners aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information, and we will exercise appropriate care in the disposal or destruction of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Our methods of protection include physical measures (for example, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices), organization measures (for example, limiting access to your personal information to those employees, representatives and agents with “need to know” for the purposes of performing their job functions), and technological measures (for example, the use of passwords and encryption). Notwithstanding the measures that we implement to protect personal information, please be aware that no security measures can guarantee absolute security and as a result it is possible that your personal information may be lost, stolen or accessed, used or disclosed without authorization.
- Control, Access, Correction and Contacting Us
To better manage and organize H&R REIT operations, your information may be under the control of H&R REIT directly or H&R REIT Management Services L.P., a subsidiary of H&R REIT. If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information that may be in our custody or control, or if you have any questions about our personal information handling practices, you may write to our Chief Privacy Officer at: Brittany Collura, c/o H&R REIT 3625 Dufferin Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON M3K 1N4 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Challenging Compliance